A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Definitely do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is frequently used to describe crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind because it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses use numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with only thimble, needle, and string to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to produce an item distinctively for you.