A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who create our quilts select quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions differs as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Please do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is typically used to define crafts created by an artisan in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter works with merely thread, thimble, and needle to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to create a product distinctly for you.