A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We specify the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Since many Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their jobs have to correspond to their home life. We permit these women to operate at their own personal pace so that they can adequately look after their family.