A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's size varies. We specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to define crafts produced by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and also stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter works with merely needle, thread, as well as thimble to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to produce a thing uniquely for you.