A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you buy is an appropriate match for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are special. Verify your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research ahead of buying!