A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is generally utilized to define crafts created by an artisan rather than a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife and sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with just thread, thimble, and needle to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to develop a product distinctly for you.