A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. Definitely do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans have a really important responsibility. They have the significant mission of looking for coordinating materials from a massive array of patterns generated by many different fabric artists and companies. Each pattern chosen is pivotal to the finished aesthetics of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did an admirable job of deciding on charming patterns that complement each other and combine nicely. That is why then we call a quilt a piece of art!