A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. We publish the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you buy is a well-suited match for your bed. Every quilt's size is special. Investigate your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your measuring prior to purchasing!