A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. We publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Since lots of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their households, their professions need to fit their home life. Our company allows these women to operate at their own personal rate so that they can adequately look after their loved ones.