A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Kindly do your measuring before buying!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Because each quilt's proportions are special, it is important that the quilt you order is a well-suited fit for your bed. Confirm your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research before you purchase!