A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Definitely do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The profession of many Amish and Mennonite women must fit their home life, because they remain at home to look after their families. Quilting fits that criteria. Our team allows these women to create at their own personal pace so that they can properly look after their household. For many ladies, quilt-making is actually excellent therapy and also a superb past-time.