A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's dimensions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.