A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Kindly do your research before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The profession of many Amish and Mennonite women needs to fit their home life, due to the fact that they remain at home to care for their households. Quilt-making meets that requirement. We enable these ladies to work at their own rate so that they may properly look after their family. For lots of ladies, quilting is excellent therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.