A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs. We list the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.