A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them into a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is a well-suited fit for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Verify your size by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!