A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.