A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. It is important to do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally used to describe crafts created by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct since it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely needle, thimble, and also thread to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to develop a thing distinctively for you.