A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that design our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your research before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.