A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts select quality vivid materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is a correct fit for your bed. Every quilt's measurements are unique. Assess your size simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!