A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Definitely do your measuring before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Given that many Amish and Mennonite women remain at home to look after their families, their jobs must fit their home life. Quilt-making meets that requirement. Our team permits these ladies to create at their own rate so that they can adequately look after their family. For a lot of women, quilting is actually excellent therapy and an excellent past-time.