A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's size varies. We post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your research before buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Because every quilt's proportions are different, it really is vital that the quilt you order is definitely a well-suited match for your bed. Investigate your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring prior to buying!