A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size is different. We post the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. Definitely do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because lots of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their households, their jobs have to correspond to their home life. Our team allows these women to operate at their own personal pace so that they may properly look after their family.