A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies. We list the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your research before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.