A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Kindly do your research prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to describe crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife as well as stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with merely needle, thimble, and string to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to produce a thing distinctly for you.