A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Definitely do your measuring before your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.