A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artists hold a truly important responsibility. They possess the vital assignment of finding coordinating fabrics from a huge selection of fabric materials offered by numerous texture designers and companies. Each pattern chosen is pivotal to the finished look of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did a lovely job of choosing attractive textures that match each other and combine splendidly. That is the reason that we call a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!