A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, every quilt's size varies. We list the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Since many Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their loved ones, their professions need to coincide with their home life. We permit our ladies to work at their own personal rate so that they can appropriately look after their loved ones.