A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts pick quality colorful materials and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.