A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size is different. We designate the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.