A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Please do your homework before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.