A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs. We list the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Please do your homework before purchasing!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our creators possess a really noteworthy assignment. They have the critical responsibility of figuring out complimentary fabrics from an enormous variety of fabric materials manufactured by a variety of fabric designers and companies. Each material chosen is essential to the completed look of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did a first-rate job of finding charming fabric materials that complement each other and combine splendidly. That is the reason we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!