A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who make our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We post the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. It is important to do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is a well-suited fit for your bed. Every quilt's proportions are different. Check your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your measuring ahead of buying!