A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Definitely do your research prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each step of the quilt-making process needs a certain woman's knowledge. Every one of our women concentrates on either piecing or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops together concentrate on piecing particular quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to become a professional in her field.