A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that make our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We specify the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want. It is important to do your research before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our designers enjoy a quite significant position. They possess the critical undertaking of deciding on coordinating patterns from an almost infinite choice of fabrics developed by a wide range of texture artists and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is integral to the final character of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did an excellent job of finding attractive fabric materials that match each other and coordinate excellently. This is the reason why we consider a quilt a masterpiece of art!