A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. Kindly do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Because a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their households, their occupations need to coincide with their home life. Quilt-making meets that criteria. We permit these ladies to work at their own rate to make sure that they may adequately look after their family. For lots of women, quilting is actually really good therapy and a great past-time.