A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions can be different. We post the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your research before making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their loved ones, their occupations need to correspond to their home life. Our company allows these women to work at their own personal pace so that they may properly look after their household.