A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs as well. We designate the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is vital that the quilt you purchase is a correct fit for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are different. Check your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you purchase!