A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing varies. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Since every quilt's proportions are special, it really is vital that the quilt you purchase is a suitable fit for your bed. Assess your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring before you buy!