A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Kindly do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The profession of a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers needs to coincide with their home life, since they remain at home to look after their families. Quilting fits that requirement. Our team enables these women to produce at their own rate to ensure that they can appropriately look after their household. For many women, quilt-making is good therapy and also an outstanding past-time.