A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that design our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Please do your homework prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.