A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your research before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is crucial that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate match for your bed. Each quilt's size is unique. Evaluate your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!