A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts choose quality colorful materials and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Please do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally used to describe crafts produced by a craftsman as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just thimble, string, and also needle to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to produce a thing distinctly for you.