A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size varies. We designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Kindly do your homework prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.