A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We specify the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Please do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a certain woman's experience. Each of our ladies concentrates on either piecing or quilting. Therefore, a minimum of two ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women that sew the tops with each other specialize in piecing particular quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to end up being a professional in her work.