A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions can be different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is crucial that the quilt you buy is an ideal match for your bed. Each quilt's size is different. Check your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring prior to buying!