A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. It is important to do your homework ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
It is vital that the quilt you order is a well-suited match for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are different. Evaluate your size simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!