A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We list the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Due to the fact that many Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their loved ones, their jobs should fit their home life. Our company enables our ladies to operate at their own personal rate so that they may effectively care for their loved ones.