A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your research before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.