A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts select high quality colorful materials and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing is different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is commonly made use of to describe crafts produced by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just string, needle, as well as thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to develop an item distinctively for you.