A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. It is important to do your homework ahead of purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Due to the fact that numerous Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their jobs have to correspond to their home life. Our company permits our ladies to function at their own personal rate so that they can adequately care for their loved ones.