A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Definitely do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite women remain at home to care for their families, their jobs must coincide with their home life. Quilt-making suits that need. Our team allows these women to work at their own personal pace to ensure they may effectively take care of their family. For a lot of ladies, quilting is actually great therapy and also an outstanding past-time.