A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts pick top quality vivid materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size is different as well. We post the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. Kindly do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally utilized to define crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with only thimble, needle, as well as string to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to create an item uniquely for you.