A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs. We post the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your homework ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.