A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Over the centuries, quite a number of methods have been developed to make it less complicated for quilt-makers to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these strategies is named paper piecing, which is popularly adopted to assemble the intricate points of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title indicates, uses an unique paper pattern on top of which the material fragments are sewn. The pattern leads the quilter to accurately assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out evenly. Methods such as this are a wonderful help to our quilters!