A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts pick top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our designers have a truly noteworthy position. They have the critical responsibility of picking out complimentary fabrics from a massive choice of fabric materials offered by different texture designers and companies. Each pattern chosen is integral to the final aesthetics of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did a top job of selecting pleasing materials that enhance each other and combine well. This is why then we refer to as a quilt a work of artistry!