A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts select quality colorful materials and arrange them into a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.