A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different. We post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artists maintain a quite important assignment. They have the significant duty of looking for complimentary patterns from a massive assortment of fabric materials provided by many different pattern artists and companies. Each texture chosen is essential to the completed look of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did an excellent job of choosing charming fabric materials that match each other and harmonize nicely. That is why we refer to as a quilt a work of artistry!