A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing varies. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Since every quilt's size is unique, it is crucial that the quilt you order is an ideal match for your bed. Check your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring before you buy!