A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that design our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements differs. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. It is important to do your measuring prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers must fit their home life, due to the fact that they stay at home to look after their households. Making quilts fits that requirement. Our company enables these ladies to work at their own pace to ensure they may effectively look after their household. For many women, quilting is actually excellent therapy and also an excellent past-time.