A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.