A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts choose quality colorful materials and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because numerous Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their families, their professions have to fit their home life. Our team enables our ladies to work at their own rate so that they may effectively look after their loved ones.