A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts choose quality colorful materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because every quilt's size is special, it is important that the quilt you order is definitely an ideal fit for your bed. Check your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring ahead of buying!