A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. It is important to do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.