A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts select top quality vivid materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Definitely do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Due to the fact that many Amish and Mennonite mothers stay at home to look after their households, their occupations have to fit their home life. Quilting meets that need. We allow these ladies to operate at their own personal rate to ensure they may effectively look after their household. For lots of ladies, making quilts is actually excellent therapy and an excellent past-time.