A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, every quilt's size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of many Amish and Mennonite mothers needs to fit their home life, because they remain at home to care for their families. Making quilts accommodates that requirement. We allow these ladies to work at their own personal rate to ensure that they may properly look after their household. For a lot of ladies, quilting is really good therapy and also an excellent past-time.