A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who make our quilts pick quality colorful materials and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your homework ahead of your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
It is important that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate match for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are special. Confirm your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework ahead of buying!