A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing differs. We publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Kindly do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Given that numerous Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their loved ones, their jobs have to fit their home life. We enable our ladies to operate at their own personal pace so that they may properly care for their loved ones.