A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Please do your homework prior to buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.