A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's overall size can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their loved ones, their jobs need to correspond to their home life. We allow these women to operate at their own personal pace so that they can properly care for their family.