A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Our artisans enjoy a very important position. They have the significant assignment of finding complimentary patterns from an enormous selection of textures manufactured by many different texture artists and companies. Each fabric chosen is crucial to the finished appearance of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did a first-rate job of choosing visually appealing fabric materials that complement each other and coordinate splendidly. That is why then we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!