A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Considering that each quilt's size is unique, it really is important that the quilt you buy is a suitable match for your bed. Investigate your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!