A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We post the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. It is important to do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.