A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Kindly do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.