A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different. We list the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically used to describe crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special since it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with merely needle, thimble, and string to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to create an item uniquely for you.