A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Definitely do your homework before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.