A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Definitely do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a specific woman's knowledge. Every one of our women focuses on either piecing or quilting. Therefore, a minimum of two ladies are associated with making each quilt. The ladies who stitch the tops together specialize in piecing certain quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to come to be a specialist in her work.