A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, every quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Kindly do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.