A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that create our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our designers maintain a really important position. They have the significant task of selecting complimentary materials from an enormous choice of fabrics fabricated by a variety of material artists and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is integral to the completed look of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did an excellent job of selecting charming fabric materials that match each other and harmonize well. This is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!