A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts select quality vivid materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Kindly do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is typically used to define crafts created by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is distinct because it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife as well as stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, needle, as well as thread to quilt thousands of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to produce a thing uniquely for you.