A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select top quality colorful materials and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. Definitely do your homework ahead of buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The profession of a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers must correspond to their home life, since they stay at home to care for their families. Quilt-making accommodates that criteria. Our team enables these women to work at their own rate to make sure that they may appropriately care for their family. For a lot of women, quilt-making is actually really good therapy as well as an outstanding past-time.