A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. We post the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Definitely do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Given that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their households, their professions have to correspond to their home life. Our team permits these women to operate at their own rate so that they may properly care for their family.