A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts select high quality vivid materials and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.