A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size differs. We post the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. It is important to do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is essential that the quilt you buy is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are unique. Assess your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework prior to purchasing!