A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since each quilt's size is unique, it is vital that the quilt you purchase is definitely an appropriate match for your bed. Verify your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring prior to purchasing!