A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different as well. We post the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Definitely do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Considering that each quilt's size is special, it is essential that the quilt you buy is definitely a correct match for your bed. Verify your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your research before you purchase!