A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Definitely do your homework before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
For hundreds of years, a lot of strategies have been perfected to make it less complicated for quilt-makers to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is named paper piecing, which is usually adopted to combine the elaborate corners of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it name indicates, uses a distinct paper pattern on which the material sections are sewn. The pattern leads the quilter to accurately stitch the pieces together so that the finalized top will lie out evenly. Strategies of this sort as this are a marvelous aid to our quilt-makers!