A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts select high quality vivid materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions varies. We list the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.