A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that make our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Due to the fact that lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their professions should correspond to their home life. Our company allows these women to function at their own personal pace so that they may properly care for their family.