A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's dimensions can be different. We post the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Kindly do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently made use of to define crafts produced by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special since it is not mass-produced. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, needle, and also string to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to produce a product distinctly for you.