A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since many Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their loved ones, their occupations have to fit their home life. We allow our ladies to function at their own rate so that they can adequately look after their household.