A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts choose high quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We designate the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are special. Assess your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research prior to buying!