A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts choose quality colorful materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your research before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is a suitable fit for your bed. Every quilt's measurements are special. Confirm your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework prior to buying!