A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Please do your homework before making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Due to the fact that numerous Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their jobs must fit their home life. Our team permits our ladies to function at their own personal rate so that they can appropriately care for their loved ones.