A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who make our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Definitely do your homework prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Given that every quilt's size is special, it is vital that the quilt you buy is an appropriate match for your bed. Confirm your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research ahead of purchasing!