A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. Definitely do your research before your purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.