A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. We list the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Kindly do your research before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.