A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. It is important to do your research before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Each and every step of the quilt-making process requires a specific woman's competence. Every one of our women specializes in either piecing or quilting. At the very least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies that sew the tops with each other concentrate on assembling specific quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to end up being a professional in her field.