A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Please do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is frequently utilized to define crafts produced by an artisan in contrast to a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife as well as stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with just thimble, needle, and also thread to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to develop a thing distinctively for you.