A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Considering that every quilt's measurements are unique, it really is essential that the quilt you order is an ideal match for your bed. Check your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring before you purchase!