A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts select quality vivid materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. It is important to do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.