A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each and every quilt's size is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. It is important to do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is frequently used to describe crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a factory. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and also sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with merely needle, string, and also thimble to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to produce a thing distinctively for you.