A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you want. It is important to do your homework prior to purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that a lot of Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their occupations have to correspond to their home life. We allow these women to operate at their own personal pace so that they may adequately look after their loved ones.