A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that design our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We list the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is generally used to describe crafts produced by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife and sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with merely thimble, needle, and string to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to produce an item distinctly for you.