A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who develop our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We publish the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your homework before purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Considering that numerous Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their families, their jobs should fit their home life. We permit these women to work at their own personal rate so that they can effectively look after their loved ones.