A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Kindly do your research before buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.