A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and arrange them into a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Kindly do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.