A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each and every quilt's measurements is different. We specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. It is important to do your research before buying!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you buy is a well-suited match for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are unique. Confirm your size simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!