A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts select top quality vibrant materials and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, quite a few solutions have been cultivated to make it easier for quilters to sew multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is named paper piecing, which is nearly always used to assemble the intricate edges of the Mariner's Compass quilt
. Paper piecing, as it title signifies, uses a distinct paper pattern on which the material pieces are sewn. The pattern directs the quilter to successfully assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lay out flat. Strategies such as this are a wonderful support to our quilt-makers!