A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select top quality vivid materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We specify the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.