A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them in a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size can be different. We list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.