A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Kindly do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently used to define crafts created by an artisan rather than a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with just needle, thread, as well as thimble to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to produce a thing distinctively for you.