A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, every quilt's proportions can be different. We specify the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process needs a certain woman's expertise. Every one of our women specializes in either piecing or quilting. At least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The women who sew the tops together concentrate on piecing particular quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to end up being a specialist in her field.