A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts pick top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We post the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. It is important to do your homework prior to making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.