A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Please do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to define crafts created by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique since it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with only thimble, string, and needle to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to develop a product distinctively for you.