A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.