A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that create our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different. We designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your measuring before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you buy is a suitable match for your bed. Each quilt's size is special. Verify your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring before you buy!