A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements varies as well. We post the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you order is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's size is special. Confirm your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your measuring before you buy!