A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's proportions can be different. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Kindly do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Since every quilt's measurements are special, it is crucial that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate match for your bed. Verify your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring prior to buying!