A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, every quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Definitely do your homework ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.