A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's overall size can be different. We list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Please do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that each quilt's size is different, it is important that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate match for your bed. Evaluate your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework before you buy!