A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. Please do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The profession of many Amish and Mennonite women has to coincide with their home life, given that they stay at home to care for their households. Quilting accommodates that requirement. Our team allows these ladies to create at their own personal rate so that they may effectively maintain their family. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is actually good therapy and also an excellent past-time.