A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that design our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to define crafts produced by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. However, not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife as well as stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter works with only needle, thimble, and string to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to develop an item distinctly for you.