A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who make our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring prior to purchasing!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
It is important that the quilt you order is a suitable fit for your bed. Every quilt's size is special. Investigate your size by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!