A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Kindly do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their loved ones, their occupations should coincide with their home life. We allow our ladies to work at their own rate so that they can properly care for their family.