A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.