A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Kindly do your homework prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that numerous Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their loved ones, their jobs have to fit their home life. We allow our ladies to function at their own personal pace so that they may properly care for their family.