A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies has to coincide with their home life, because they stay at home to look after their loved ones. Quilt-making fits that criteria. We permit these women to create at their own personal rate to make sure that they may properly maintain their household. For many ladies, quilt-making is actually really good therapy and an excellent past-time.