A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and arrange them into a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your research before purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan rather than a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and also stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely thread, needle, and thimble to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to develop a product distinctly for you.