A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size is different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is an ideal match for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Assess your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring before you buy!