A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, every quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Kindly do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our artisans possess a very noteworthy job. They possess the critical task of looking for complimentary textures from an enormous choice of patterns generated by many different fabric artists and companies. Each pattern chosen is vital to the completed visual appeal of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a fine job of picking attractive patterns that suit each other and combine effectively. This is why we call a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!