A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs. We specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Please do your homework before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.