A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs. We publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. It is important to do your measuring before your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because numerous Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their occupations must correspond to their home life. Our company allows these women to operate at their own pace so that they can effectively care for their household.