A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, every quilt's dimensions varies. We specify the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Please do your homework before buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artists possess a truly important responsibility. They have the critical assignment of choosing complimentary patterns from a huge assortment of patterns offered by a wide range of material designers and suppliers. Each material chosen is pivotal to the completed character of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a lovely job of settling upon appealing textures that suit each other and coordinate well. That is precisely why we consider a quilt a work of artistry!