A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs as well. We specify the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Definitely do your measuring prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.