A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your homework prior to buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.