A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts choose quality vivid materials and organize them into a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.