A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing varies. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
It is vital that the quilt you order is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Evaluate your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework prior to purchasing!