A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions can be different. We designate the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our artists possess a remarkably significant assignment. They possess the vital duty of picking out coordinating textures from an almost infinite array of fabrics developed by different pattern artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is essential to the finished appeal of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did an admirable job of deciding on visually appealing fabrics that complement each other and coordinate splendidly. This is exactly why we call a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!