A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.