A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Kindly do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to take care of their households, their jobs have to fit their home life. Quilt-making meets that requirement. Our company permits these women to operate at their own personal rate to ensure they may properly look after their family. For many ladies, quilt-making is actually good therapy and also a superb past-time.