A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. We list the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. It is important to do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.