A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. We designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Kindly do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Because many Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their occupations must coincide with their home life. We permit these women to work at their own pace so that they may appropriately look after their family.