A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Please do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is typically made use of to describe crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with just thimble, string, and needle to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to create a thing distinctly for you.