A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size varies. We post the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. It is important to do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is a suitable match for your bed. Every quilt's dimensions are unique. Confirm your size simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your research before you purchase!