A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who create our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Kindly do your research prior to buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is vital that the quilt you purchase is an ideal match for your bed. Each quilt's size is different. Assess your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework prior to purchasing!