A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We specify the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.