A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts choose quality vivid materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. It is important to do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans enjoy a truly important job. They have the difficult assignment of picking out complimentary fabric materials from a seismic array of fabric materials developed by different material artists and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is integral to the finished look of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did a lovely job of deciding on attractive fabrics that suit each other and correlate very well. This is the reason why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!