A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is typically utilized to describe crafts produced by a craftsman as opposed to a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife as well as stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with just thread, thimble, as well as needle to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to create an item distinctively for you.