A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, nearly all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Every step of the quilt-making process requires a particular lady's know-how. Every one of our women concentrates on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women who sew the tops with each other focus on piecing specific quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each woman to end up being a professional in her field.