A quilt is not just a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. We post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain lady's proficiency. Each of our ladies specializes in either piecing or quilting. At least two ladies are involved in making each quilt. The ladies who sew the tops together concentrate on piecing specific quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to come to be a professional in her field.