A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers has to correspond to their home life, due to the fact that they stay at home to care for their households. Quilt-making suits that criteria. We permit these women to operate at their own rate to ensure they can effectively look after their household. For many women, making quilts is excellent therapy and an outstanding past-time.