A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.