A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. We list the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Please do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our designers maintain a truly significant responsibility. They have the critical responsibility of settling upon complimentary textures from a huge variety of fabrics offered by a wide range of pattern artists and companies. Each pattern chosen is integral to the final appearance of the quilt. The artisan of this quilt did an excellent job of selecting charming textures that balance each other and coordinate nicely. This is the reason we call a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!