A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts choose quality colorful materials and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing is different. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies has to coincide with their home life, given that they stay at home to care for their loved ones. Quilting suits that requirement. We permit these women to operate at their own personal rate to ensure they may properly maintain their family. For lots of women, quilting is actually excellent therapy and a great past-time.