A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that develop our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies has to correspond to their home life, given that they stay at home to care for their families. Making quilts accommodates that criteria. Our company enables these women to create at their own personal pace so that they can effectively look after their household. For lots of women, quilt-making is actually really good therapy and also a superb past-time.