A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts select quality colorful materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Definitely do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Given that many Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their families, their occupations have to coincide with their home life. We allow our ladies to work at their own rate so that they may adequately look after their household.