A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. We list the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your measuring ahead of buying!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.