A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies has to coincide with their home life, because they stay at home to look after their families. Making quilts fits that need. Our company allows these ladies to work at their own rate to ensure that they can properly take care of their household. For many ladies, making quilts is actually good therapy as well as an exceptional past-time.