A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want. Kindly do your measuring prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is generally made use of to define crafts created by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is special. However, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter works with merely thimble, string, and needle to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to create an item distinctively for you.