A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements can be different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Please do your homework before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently used to define crafts produced by a craftsman as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special because it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical devices to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and stitch them together on the sewing machine. The quilter works with merely thread, needle, and thimble to quilt numerous tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to produce an item distinctively for you.