A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a creative work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.