A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. It is important to do your research prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.