A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that make our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions can be different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.