A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. It is important to do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite women must coincide with their home life, considering that they remain at home to care for their families. Quilting meets that need. We enable these women to create at their own personal rate to make sure that they can properly maintain their household. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is actually good therapy and an excellent past-time.