A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.