A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts select quality vivid materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Kindly do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.