A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts select high quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Please do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Because every quilt's proportions are different, it really is important that the quilt you purchase is definitely a correct match for your bed. Evaluate your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!