A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.