A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that make our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We post the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our shop.