A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements can be different. We list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Given that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their households, their occupations must correspond to their home life. We enable these women to operate at their own rate so that they may properly care for their family.