A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs. We specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically utilized to define crafts created by an artisan as opposed to a factory. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is special. Not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses make use of various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife as well as stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with just string, thimble, and needle to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to create a product distinctly for you.