A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies as well. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. Definitely do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.