A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing is different. We designate the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your homework before buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our artisans enjoy a quite noteworthy assignment. They possess the significant responsibility of choosing complimentary fabric materials from an almost infinite selection of materials generated by different fabric artists and companies. Each texture chosen is pivotal to the completed fashion of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a splendid job of choosing attractive fabric materials that suit each other and coordinate excellently. That is exactly why we call a quilt a piece of artwork!