A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.