A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts pick top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their families, their jobs need to coincide with their home life. Our company allows these women to operate at their own rate so that they can properly care for their household.