A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Kindly do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.