A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size is different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Given that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their occupations must coincide with their home life. We allow our ladies to work at their own pace so that they can effectively care for their family.