A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies as well. We post the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Definitely do your measuring before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you order is a well-suited match for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Investigate your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring prior to buying!