A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts pick top quality vivid materials and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's size can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. Definitely do your homework before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically made use of to describe crafts created by a craftsman instead of a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. Nevertheless, not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, needle, and also string to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to create a thing uniquely for you.