A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artists have a quite noteworthy assignment. They possess the difficult assignment of selecting complimentary patterns from a huge choice of patterns developed by numerous material artists and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is crucial to the finished character of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did a lovely job of choosing beautiful patterns that suit each other and coordinate favorably. This is why we regard a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!