A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs as well. We list the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that every quilt's size is unique, it is crucial that the quilt you buy is definitely a suitable fit for your bed. Evaluate your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your homework ahead of purchasing!