A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your research prior to your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is frequently used to define crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. However, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife as well as sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just needle, thread, and also thimble to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to create a product distinctly for you.