A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each and every quilt's overall size is different. We publish the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. It is important to do your homework prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Since each quilt's size is unique, it really is vital that the quilt you buy is an ideal fit for your bed. Confirm your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research ahead of buying!