A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts choose top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Kindly do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.