A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Kindly do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Given that each quilt's size is special, it is important that the quilt you order is a correct match for your bed. Assess your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring prior to buying!