A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick top quality vivid materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. It is important to do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Considering that many Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to take care of their households, their jobs have to coincide with their home life. Making quilts suits that criteria. Our company allows these ladies to create at their own rate so that they can adequately look after their household. For many ladies, making quilts is actually excellent therapy and a great past-time.