A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your measuring before buying!
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Our creators maintain a really important undertaking. They have the vital duty of finding coordinating materials from a huge array of textures offered by numerous fabric material designers and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is pivotal to the final appearance of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a fine job of picking out appealing patterns that enhance each other and coordinate well. That is the reason that we refer to as a quilt a piece of fine art!