A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Please do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife and stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter works with just needle, thimble, and also string to quilt thousands of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to develop a product distinctly for you.