A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. Kindly do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.