A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's dimensions can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.