A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Definitely do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that each quilt's dimensions are unique, it really is important that the quilt you buy is definitely a well-suited match for your bed. Check your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring before you buy!