A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Please do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is important that the quilt you order is an appropriate fit for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are special. Verify your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring ahead of buying!