A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different. We designate the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Kindly do your measuring before making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.