A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that design our quilts pick quality colorful materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's measurements differs. We post the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you want. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of a lot of Amish and Mennonite women needs to fit their home life, because they remain at home to care for their households. Quilt-making meets that criteria. We allow these ladies to operate at their own personal rate to make sure that they may properly look after their household. For a lot of ladies, making quilts is actually really good therapy and an exceptional past-time.