A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that design our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.