A quilt is not merely a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick quality colorful materials and organize them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements differs. We publish the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. However, not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and also sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely string, needle, and thimble to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce an item distinctly for you.