A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Definitely do your research prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Considering that lots of Amish and Mennonite women stay at home to take care of their households, their jobs have to coincide with their home life. Making quilts accommodates that requirement. Our company permits these women to operate at their own rate to make sure that they may adequately look after their household. For lots of ladies, quilting is actually great therapy and a great past-time.