A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that design our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Please do your measuring before making a purchase!
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.