A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our designers maintain a quite noteworthy responsibility. They have the critical task of choosing complimentary fabric materials from an enormous array of textures developed by a variety of pattern artists and companies. Each pattern chosen is pivotal to the finished look of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did an excellent job of selecting appealing patterns that enhance each other and coordinate effectively. This is the reason why we call a quilt a piece of art!